Membership is due. If you don’t pay online, please bring payment to your next class. Thanks!
From Monday, Jan. 4 – Friday, April 1, 2016 (13 weeks)
CFMV is rocking Winter in a whole new way, with a food + fitness challenge that gets you EXCITED and MOTIVATED during these long, cold months by encouraging you to pay attention to what goes into your mouth — so that you can continue to grow as an athlete and not lose all the gains you’ve made during the last few seasons. RISE UP!
Here’s the deal:
Fitness first. Minimum of 3 WODs a week (for those participating in the Winter ReWrite. Don’t come 3x per week? Time to STEP IT UP!). In addition, three 15+ minutes of mobility and SMR (foam roll, lacrosse ball, etc) outside of class. Plus, you will be accountable to create and accomplish three fitness goals by the end of the ReWrite. You’re welcome to come to the box early or stay after to work on this and/or the mobility and SMR.
Food matters. The Winter is an easy time to slack when it comes to what you eat. Over three months, you can quickly lose all the progress you’ve made in the other seasons. We ain’t having that this Winter! But we’re also not going to make you want to die, so there is some leeway. Everyone participating in the Winter ReWrite will follow these guidelines.
- YES Foods (the majority of what you eat):
- Fruits / Veggies
- Nuts / Seeds
- Animal Protein (pref Grass-fed or Wild Caught)
- Sweet Potatoes (or other root vegetables, not white potatoes)
- Almond (or other nut) flour
- Almond (or other nut) milk
- Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, other quality oils, Ghee, or grass-fed butter
- Protein powder
- SOMETIMES Foods (limit to 3 servings per week):
- Plain, full-fat yogurt
- Rice / other grains
- White Potatoes
- Sprouted Grains (like Ezekiel breads and Ezekiel cereal, or similar)
- “Paleo” baked goods (i.e. muffins or other treats from Scottish Bakehouse, or homemade)
- Maple syrup and honey
- Quality dark chocolate (Not Your Sugar Mamas has some great options!)
- NO Foods (avoid):
- White sugar
- White or whole wheat flours / and products made with these items
- Milk and other dairy (no ice cream)
We are doing this for YOU! There will not be a point system. There will be no money pot to win. There will be no before/after photos, but you can certainly do them to SEE your physical progress. The Winter ReWrite is to keep you accountable for all the hard work you’ve already done, and to help you avoid the Winter blues. Don’t lose your FIRE! During the 1st week of the ReWrite, we will be doing WODs that we’ll repeat at the end of March, simply so that YOU can see that your commitment to YOU throughout the Winter has paid off.