DATES: May 1st-May 30th (ending a day early due to Regionals)
How to register
There is a $10 fee to enter the 30-day Paleo Challenge. Winner takes all unless we have a big number of participants, then we will throw in a 2nd place prize. CFMV does not make any money off of this! The monetary aspect is intended to further inspire you!
How to participate
To participate in the challenge you must visit CFMV on Day 1 and Day 30 of your challenge and complete the following activities on both days:
1. Complete the WOD “Fran” and have your score recorded (21-15-9 Thrusters and Pull-ups)
2. Get your measurements taken
3. Get your before or after photos taken (This can also be taken at home and pictures are only for your own use and stored on your own phone; CFMV will not post them)
Challenge Criteria: Please note this is different than our last challenge!
Your final score for the challenge will be totaled using 4 components:
- Food Score. You may earn up to 68 points by eating clean Paleo. You will earn points when you stick to Paleo-approved foods (see Nutrition Page about Paleo foods), or lose them for every cheat meal/snack.
- Performance Score. You will complete “Fran” on Day 1 and Day 30, and you’ll receive 1 point for second you improve.
- Body Score. You will earn points based on your final measurements.
- Bonus Points. Daily WOD points, Alcohol points, and Challenge Goal points.
Your Food Score will be calculated as follows:
- Your Food Score will start at 30 points.
- Every cheat meal or snack will cost you 1 point. Yes, you can end up in the negative for the Food Score, so no binging!
- Multiple cheats- The most you can lose during any one meal or snack is one cheat, but you can be docked up to 3 cheats per day.
- If you maintain a perfect week you will receive 7 extra point for that week. It must be a perfect week, not a perfect day.
- If you maintain a perfect diet (i.e. no cheats) for the entire 30 days, you will receive 10 extra points, giving you a total of 68 points for your Food Score.
- Cheats are defined by eating grains, starches, processed foods, sugar, artificial sugar, juice, soda, dairy, or anything else you can’t pronounce.
- For additional information about the Paleo Diet, see the Nutrition Page.
- You are allowed 3 drinks per week. Anything over 3 drinks will cost you 1 point.
- You can receive 1 point for every WOD you complete at CFMV, with 3 points being the maximum you can receive in one week (12 points total possible for 30 days). If you can’t make it to CFMV 3x a week, you can earn points by doing workouts at home as long as they are 20 minutes long and approved by a coach.
- You can earn 2 points for every week you abstain from alcohol, 8 points total can be earned.
- You can earn an extra 15 points for achieving your 3 “Challenge Goal”. Challenge Goals must be written down Day 1 and approved by Coach Sara. These must be attainable yet challenging, measurable goals that if completed and witnessed by a coach before Day 30 earn you an extra 15 points.
A perfect 30 day Challenge score is 103 + “Fran” WOD points. Challenge points carry a heavier weight than “Fran” points — so respect the challenge!
Check out our Nutrition page for more info on Paleo
The Paleo Secret is a great site with some tasty recipes.
Also, my wife’s Paleo board on Pinterest is followed by over 3,000 people and has 100s of recipes in one convenient spot for you, so there’s that too!